Saturday, October 03, 2009

Clapotis Stashbusting

The Clapotis is an interesting pattern.

The first time I knit it, I HATED it. It was interesting at first, but by the time I got to the nth repeat, I was bored out of my mind. I thought I would never knit this pattern again.

The thing is, the end product is so versatile - a bunched up spiral of stitches that can be modified to be a scarf, a shawl or a wrap.

Then a fellow knitting told me to replace a knit stitch with a purl stitch for keeping track of repeats. Wow, what a difference a stitch makes!

When I found myself with
random balls of ribbon yarn, there was no other pattern than the Clapotis to use up the stash. I even frogged some old ribbon scarves (they kept stretching when worn) to make mini-claps.

I've made quite a collection of clapotis! Some will be gifts.
Clapotis scarf from Berroco Zen Colors (Nippon Blue - 3 skeins)
Claoptis scarf from Berroco Zen (Hot Pink - 2 skeins)
Clapotis scarf from Berroco Zen Colors (Shandong - 2 skeins)

In addition, I previously made these:
Original Clapotis shawl from Handmaiden Lady Godiva (2 skeins)
Clapotis shawl from Mirasol Hacho (5 skeins)

I think I'm clapped-out but who knows? I might make more later.

3 comments:

Team Knit said...

what a great idea for ribbon yarn!! they look gorgeous.

- Julie

Yvette said...

How, Oh how, do you get your photos to do that? You know, the super focus in the centre with fuzzed out edges? I've been playing with my camera settings for a year and still can't achieve it!

Lia said...

Hmmm, this change on the purl to knit... Can you explain a bit more about it, please? :-)
I'm still breathing to face Clapotis. ;-)

Tks!