Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sew Random

Here are a couple of things that I made over these few months in an effort to stash-bust my fabric collection. I actually finished them a few months ago, but haven't had a chance to blog them.

Top - Simplicity 2594

I finally found a suitable pattern for a checkered piece of remnant that I've had for ages!
Tunic - Simplicity 3539

This pattern is an oldie but a goodie! The pattern had a belt, which I found to be too stiff and too insignificant so I ditched it and used a real belt instead. I screwed up with the cuff button holes. Note-to-self: one-step button hole doesn't work too well with knit/stretch fabrics! So, I ended up removing the buttonhole cuff since I screwed up the holes and replaced it with elastic. Now it's more flowy and casual. Unfortunately, the dress is baggy and makes me look pregnant (which is not a good thing when one is not).

No comments: