1) Reversible cable scarf with Lion Brand Cashmere Blend yarn
It took 4 balls and while the cables are neither fancy nor intricate, these basic cables are worked on both sides so the scarf is reversible! The pattern may be found here. I made this for a special person - hope he wears it!! It's soooooooo soft I'm gonna make myself one in baby blue :)
2) Hat with Ear Flaps using Rowan Big Wool
Never been able to resist a Rowan sale, I accumulated all sorts of colors of Rowan Big Wool. Started the Rowan marathon with this hat - Snowflake from Rowan Big Easy. I put it in the wash hoping to "shrink" it a bit and it accidently felted!!! But now it's very snug and warm.
3) 2 Hats and Mitts
Recognize the green and beige colors? With the leftovers from Snowflake, I made Mini from Rowan Bigger Picture. With some purple, I made another version of Mini, with garter stitch on the bottom. Purple Mini will be for sister B and Striped Mini will be sister C. Had another ball of green knitted the mittens - Ash, also from Rowan Bigger Picture. I'm considering whether to felt the mittens.... any suggestions?
5) Ribbon Scarves
Well, it IS spring so I made these two scarves using Berroco's Zen with a 3 rows knit, 1 row drop stitch pattern. Using 8mm needles, the blue one is 8 stitches across and with some fringe on the ends. The red one is 10 stitches across. The colors are so beautiful! I don't think I can bear to part with them.
** Currently on the needles:
1) Baby Blue Lion cashmere blend reversible cable scarf
2) Trinity KAL - After seeing Erin's version of Micheal Kors cable tee from Vogue Knitting Holiday 2005, I'm in love!! She used 4 balls of Jaeger Trinity and coincidently I have 4 too!! Will try to figure out how to add the KAL icon to the sidebar...
3) Boucle Cushion Covers - Lewiscraft is going out of business. :( While their yarns are not as scrumptous or exquisite as designer yarns from other yarn shops, it's still sad to see Lewiscraft go. They now have 40% off ALL yarns and I picked up some boucle yarn (among many other things...@_@) to make some boucle cushion covers.
Last week I went to the Clothing Show.... one of the booths which featured machine knitted pieces were selling left over yarns for $2 per skein/cone. I picked up some yummy stuff, including a skein of Fleece Artists Rapunzel yarn for $2!!! It's a boucle yarn.... Hmmm.... what to make???
That's my update... happy knitting!