Sunday, March 28, 2010

Socks for Mom and Dad

My parents and sister were in town for a week. I previously finished my socks for my mom and I grafted the last stitch for my dad's socks just in time!

They are the same pattern - Gentleman's Fancy Sock - by Ann Budd. I found this patten and the yarn from Knitpicks to be compatible. I went a bit nuts when KP had kettle-dyed yarn - I bought 4 colorways! There's two above, I also had blue for the dude and red for me, which is now in progress. All four follow the same pattern, but for mine, I omitted the heel shaping and just cast on 72 stitches.

Although I gifted them, I am hoping one day all four pairs will reunite for a family photo.

1 comment:

Julie said...

awesome socks!! looks like you've really found a pattern that works great for you, and that giftees love!