Sunday, December 07, 2008

Wow, Yarn Takes Up a Lot of Space!

It's been a bittersweet season. After living with my roommate for 3 years, she finally moved out. With the arrival of the ring and the dude moving in, it was inevitable.

On one hand, I will miss her company. Luckily, she will only be living down the street (2 minute walk), so I'll still see her often. On the other hand, I welcome the extra space to organize all my clutter!

After consolidating all my boxes and bags that were scattered in/around/amongst various pieces of furniture/closets/suitcases, it turns out I had more "stuff" than I originally thought.
Here, I present to you my creative space!
This is my workspace, with sewing machine and cutting mat. The left side is for me, the right side for the dude. Cowky, do you see the coasters you made for me on the desk? :)
This shelf houses part of the knitting goodies and all those boxes are actually yarn. It may not look like a lot but the boxes are BIG! There's actually more yarn than shown in this picture; I had to store the acrylics and frogged-until-frayed yarns in the closet. The closet is full but at least it's now all in one area of the home! Alas, all the craft stuff is in one room!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow! it is nice, sweet and neat! Unlike my dining table turn working space mess....sigh...

R a i n said...

Lovely blog, I agree!! And that is one organised looking shelf!

Derek D said...

Goodd blog post