Friday, October 17, 2008

Something Lacy and Blue

Fall is finally here! Fall is my favorite season, the beautiful changing leaves, the crisp air after muggy summers, the deep warm colors of fall fashion, thick snuggly sweaters... before I dive into the warm winter sweaters, I finished this lacy and blue mini-shawl.

Swallowtail Shawl

It took one skein of Misti Alpaca lace yarn:
It's absolutely beautiful and feminine. However, I am disappointed that the pattern did not make use of the left-over yarn (I have about 1/3 skein left) to make the shawl bigger. My pet peeve is big skeins of left-over yarn. The shawl is a little bit small and I wished it was bigger!!

I'm always amazed by the magic of blocking. Just brilliant!

STASHBUSTING METER
Swallowtail Shawl - 1 skein Misti International Misti Alpaca Lace (50g/400m) @ 3.5 mm

2 comments:

Agnes said...

Very lovely! I like the colour a lot!

opportunityknits said...

yes I agree with Agnes, it's so delicate in this colour.