Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Baby Quilts & Little Girl Dresses

Baby quilts and little girl dresses, these seem to go hand in hand.

Over the summer, I made 2 baby quilts...

...one for my gf G's Baby Nicholas...
The bright colored fat quarters looked a bit scary together but I'm happy the color combination worked. It's so happy and energetic! ...and one for the dude's sister's soon-to-be-born baby girl...
I absolutely adore the lavender and white combination.
For both quilts, the quilt top was made from fat quarters I bought at the Creative Festival a few years ago and the back is from Fabricland remnants bin. Both quilts used Warm and Natural craft size batting.

I also made 2 cutesy little girl dresses...

...one for gf H's baby Noelle...
She lives in Hong Kong so baby N can wear this all-year-round! I hope she likes the bee buttons as much as I do.
...one for dude's sister's baby in a few years (?!)...
I was really into it and just couldn't stop at making just one. :)Both dresses used the pattern from Buttericks B3772 and sale fabric from Fabricland ($5 per metre!!). I bought the rick-rack from Walmart and one package was enough to make 2 dresses.

These are quick and satisfying projects!

3 comments:

opportunityknits said...

It's all so cute! Especially the first quilt, the colours are so cheery :)

Team Knit said...

The quilts and dresses are so pretty! You chose such great fabrics.

- Julie

yuvee said...

I adore the first blanket, so colourful!