An entire week of knitting... and no pictures of FOs. Usually, I can only have less than 3 projects in progress at the same time. Perhaps it is due to my analness when it comes to my inventory of needles, I like to keep them in their own little packets - so I know I didn't lose any. But this week has been crazy crazy! With stashbusting, frumpbusting and unexpected add-ons, it feels like the UFOs have landed and they have abducted all my needles!
- Used Charmy blue cotton yarn (Japanese yarn) to start a feminine tank from Vogue Knitting Spring/Summer '02. Since it's a relatively old publication, I can't find any pictures. Here's the description: "A deep cable rib and a center cable that flows to sweet shoulder straps" Sweet? I guess they are trying to make "cabled" sound prettier. ==> STATUS: finished 3 inches only.
- Bought some DGB Confetti socks yarn... My first time knitting socks and my first time using 2.75mm needles. It feels like knitting with toothpicks and string! I was initially intrigued by the self-striping yarn but 5 inches later, the sock seems a bit large (cast on 68 stitches). NOW, I search for this yarn brand on the internet and there's a free sock pattern. Turns out my previous pattern will yield large socks. GRRRR!!! It's too painful to rip apart; I'll probably continue knitting... ==> STATUS: finished 1/3 of one sock.
FRUMPBUSTING (a.k.a. Resurrection Part II, where I frog hideous frumpy pieces from the early 90's and start all over again!!)
- An old vest has turned into Josie from a Rowan Ribbon Twist pattern book. ==> STATUS: need to add lining and handles.
- Baby Blanket. ==> STATUS: need to add lining.
- Mr. T II and Ms. Bunnie - the dolls are finished but I had problems sewing on eyes that did NOT make the dolls look grumpy, angry or gimped. ==> STATUS: Have replaced Ms. Bunnie's eyes with beads but Mr. T II still requires eye cosmetic surgery! My sister has also requested clothing for the dolls...
Happy Canada Day!!