Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Small FOs

BABY BLANKET

A Bernat crochet kit that not only was uni-sex (since gender of baby is still a secret), but an excellent deal too! Unfortunately, I am still not confident with my crochet skills and I think crocheted fabric is too thick and hard for a baby. So, I knitted the pattern instead (with some simple crochet edging)... but my calculations failed, which explains why the blanket is only half the intended size. Luckily, it's still a decent size for a newborn and it's already quite heavy with a lavender flannel lining, so everything worked out by mistake!

MR. T II & MS. BUNNIE

These cuties are for my sisters. Ms. Bunnie for sister B and Mr. T II for sister C. I really enjoyed knitting these two suckers and the glass beads eyes make them look sooo innocent!... It took about 6 hours for each, which is quick and easy. Pretty soon, they will need clothes... but then again, I think they look cuter naked!

JOSIE (Rowan Ribbon Twist)

My frumpbuster piece. These used to be a vest, but the yarn was this really cheap nylon/poly-something that was hard, scratchy and dusty. Had numerous sneeze attacks whilst working with this yarn. But working 2 strands together gave a nice thick fabric perfect for a bag. Since I seem to be allergic to this thing, I will give it to my sister.

The other pieces are coming along... will post when they are done. In the meantime, my container will finally arrive tomorrow morning!!! (It took a long time because the truck drivers at the port are on strike - grrrrr..... ) Really excited because I can finally work on the FBS but it will probably take me ages to get back into the beat of the pattern.

11 comments:

opportunityknits said...

Pretty FOs. The bunny and Mr T II are so cute. And that baby blanket is just amazing. I used to wonder how to hide the back of a knitted blanket - and now I see that the flannel backing is the perfect solution! It's the perfect nursery gift in thoes bright colours. Babies love bright colours.

Anonymous said...

The FOs are all so pretty. I don't know how you can churn out an entire baby blanket so fast!

Agnes said...

All are very cute! I especially like the baby blankets! Lovely colours!

Anonymous said...

all your FOs are so pretty!

Anonymous said...

What a cheery blanket! So all the motifs were originally for crochet?Do the charts look the same as for knitting? That ribbon twist bag is on my to do list too!

Life's a Stitch said...

Those bears are so cute, will have to try them. Reading other's blogs is bad for my budget!
Li

Doreen said...

The baby blanket is cutie. Love it.

Anonymous said...

that blanket is great! it must've taken quite a bit of patience with all that intarsia... and those dolls are the cutest! congrats on getting these things pumped out. btw, what book did you find the bunny & bear pattern in?

emy said...

I like that blanket! Looks great!

You really churn out FOs at the speed of light!

Angela said...

Great projects!! Love the little bear and bunny!!! So cute!

yuvee said...

That baby blanket is just so cute!! Love it! How could it be that every time I check out your blog I always see great FOs??