Friday, January 15, 2016

Geranium Dress

On Black Friday, I finally bit the bullet and bought the pattern for Geranium Dress; there were so many beautiful examples all over the Internet. I even bought the expanded version, which includes all sizes from newborn to 12T.

The pattern is so versatile. There are 3 shoulder options (sleeveless, cap sleeve, flutter sleeve), 2 skirt options (pleated and non-pleated) and 2 different lengths (top vs dress). There are also 3 neckline options, but I'm too lazy so will just stick with a rounded neckline.

Here's my first attempt... made from a Joe Fresh a-line dress that no longer fits me. The original dress had a lining and pockets, both of which I kept. Surprisingly, there isn't a lot of leftover fabric!
The pattern instructions are very clear and I experienced zero problems while sewing this dress! If you sew and have a little girl, I strongly recommend this pattern.  I will, no doubt, be making more.

No comments: