Sunday, February 26, 2012

Neck Warmers

I have 2 sisters and we live time zones apart. One lives in HK and other in Toronto. We don't see each other often and it's rare to find all three of us in the same place at the same time.

I'm excited that I'll see sister Toronto in March and sister HK in April! I used to shower them with materialistic goods but lately, I've been gifting knitted goodies instead.

In addition to the Hacho triangles, I've made even more scarves/neck warmers! The two very different climates where they live allows for more variety in my projects:

Summer Scarf for Sister HK

I had about 5 skeins of Rowan Bamboo tape left after knitting my top and found the Montego Bay Scarf pattern. Unfortunately, 1 of the 5 skeins is a different dye lot and it shows - that one was used for the fringe.
I found a way to join yarns: threading one strand into the other, then hiding the ends into the core of the yarn. Wish I had discovered this for other projects using tape-style yarn! Would've saved a lot of weaving in ends! 

Winter Cowl for Sister Toronto

Another one!  For this one, I knit one strand of super chunky yarn together with 1 strand of mohair.
More to come!

No comments: