Sunday, December 11, 2011

Noro loves me, noro loves me not,...

I have a love-hate relationship with Noro.

LOVE...Quirky color combinations.
HATE...Knots, tonnes of them.
LOVE...Color changes that make even the simplest pattern spectacular. 
HATE...Difficulty joining skeins if you want to keep the colors flowing in order or smoothly.
LOVE...Predominately natural fibres.
HATE...Straw and other weird stuff found in the yarn.
LOVE...Absolute magic with the perfect pattern.
HATE...Sometimes it's very difficult finding the perfect pattern.

And yet... time and time again, I cannot resist buying a skein... or two... or more.

Here's another project knitted up with Noro Furisode! 

Unlike the Missoni-inspired cardigan, this yarn was frogged a few (4!!) times. It was hard finding the perfect pattern given the chunky weight and cotton/silk content. The chunky weight made garments bulky and big a.k.a. fat factor, while the cotton/silk content made bobbles or cable stitches difficult (yarn had zero elasticity).
In the end, I just made a Clapotis wrap... the pattern that has never failed.

1 comment:

opportunityknits said...

I have only knitted with noro silk garden and I have the same love hate feelings about it :)
The colours on your clapotis are gorgeous!