Sunday, November 20, 2011

Feeling Purple

By coincidence, I was destashing and both recent projects happen to be purple.

Mohair Boucle Cocoon

Found a perfect pattern for some chunky mohair boucle (Creative Fibres hand dyed mohair) called Boucle Cocoon which was a pretty design and a perfect match with the yarn (both in weight and yardage).
My version is more slouchy and the shape reminds me of the circle shrug/sweater in many stores. Details here.

Star-Crossed Love Cardigan

A pattern inspired by an Anthropologie sweater, it turned out great after 3 rounds of frogging and a nice wet block. A few modifications were made for a larger size and customized sleeves (details on ravelry).

The cables are basic, but they look great - minimum effort, maximum impact. I like!

I'm now more obsessed with the Anthropologie sweater patterns!

1 comment:

My Piece of the World said...

I think this cardigan is stunning. Excellent work and choice of color. Really enjoy seeing your projects!