Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Jaeger Natural Fleece All Ready for Snow

Vancouver has mild winters but apparently, due to La Nina and global warming, we are due to have the coldest winter... ever!  Yay!!  I love snow and I love wearing chunky sweaters.

Excited about the weather predictions, and armed with 10 skeins of Jaeger Natural Fleece, I finished these!

First, the Drops Jacket with A-Shape, which only took 8 skeins but over 2 years to finish!  It got a bit boring and I just tossed it aside.  Predictions of snow quickly motivated me to finish.

It was the first time I used a DROPs pattern and I really liked the pattern because it already included 2 sets of numbers for 2 very different gauged yarns.  I didn't need do any math or make any adjustments.  The pattern itself jams a lot of information together and I found it helpful to highlight my size.

The buttons are recycled from an old cardigan.

With 2 left over skeins, I made a hat and a cowl.  I considered dying them so they did NOT match the jacket, but I am too lazy.
The hat is a from a pattern and I made up the cowl.  You can find the patterns on Ravelry.  The hat is a little too small for me (I like slouchy hats) so it will go to my sister.  I intended to give her the cowl too but it was soooooo cozy when I tried it on, I might keep it for myself.  :)

And now, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!

2 comments:

Blenda said...

YAY! PRETTY!

Life's a Stitch said...

Like that. It was the alternative to the one I just finished in similar colours. I'll have to make that one yet, but one sweater a year is enough for me.