Monday, October 18, 2010

Chunky Lace Shawl/Scarf

Two chunky lace shawls. Both very different - in terms of yarn, gauge, pattern, shape and size, but both turned out!

The first one is crochet using a pattern similar (if not completely identical) Queen’s Annes Scarf. I found a pattern from Crochet Today!, and I love their patterns because they chart them with diagrams.

I used left over yarn from the Seaberry Shell and I still hate the yarn (Anna Blatt Hariana)! It splits! But now I have used it all up so I don't have to deal with it anymore.

The second shawl is the Oscilloscope Shawl made from Cherry Hill Possum yarn.  I only had three skeins of the yarn so I skipped one increase repeat and the shawl is a little small but still decent sized.
I can't choose which one I like more but I'll probably get more wear out of the second one.

No comments: