Monday, July 12, 2010

The cat is out of the bag

I am moving to Vancouver!

But before I go....

10 things I will miss about Toronto:

1. Jerk chicken.

2. My condo. Love at first sight, it was my "I'm an adult" moment!

3. Queen Street (the main bits)

I love how it transforms from east to west: beaches to quirky to ghetto to downtown to shopping mecca to artsy to camh.

I love the brunch choices: For pancakes, go to Niche. For pastries, go to Bounjour Brioche.

I love having 5 yarn stores along the SAME street (from east to west): Naked Sheep, Purple Purl, Americo, Romni, Knit Cafe. I don't love all of them, but certianly can't complain about the choice and the TTC-ability.

I love the window displays at Mokuba.

4. Anthropologie. When are you going to open in Vancouver?

5. The Red Rocket. Dirty but oh, so convenient and there's a subway station right at my door.

6. Summer in the city: Doors Open, Luminato, Nuit Blanche

7. The theatre. Monty Python's Spamalot was my favorite while the dude liked Jersey Boys.

8. Less than 2 hour flight to New York City and Chicago. And just across the pond from Europe.

9. West Elm and Crate & Barrel. Same as 4.

10. ... and last but not least, every one of the lovely ladies I met here, especially those who I met on a Wednesday. You know who you are!!

3 comments:

May said...

ahh!!! you're moving!!! congrats! is this for work?

jacquieblackman said...

What huge news!! Congrats!

And I love your list. #10 especially!

Life's a Stitch said...

Let's do west coast coffee when you get here.