Monday, April 26, 2010

Nest Lap Quilt!

I have a soft spot for charm packs (5" squares) and layer cakes (10" squares). I adore the idea of having at least one square of every print in each collection. Who can resist the assortment of different but coordinating fabrics?

This quilt is made from a layer cake for Nest, by Tula Pink for Moda.

Because the fabrics featured large prints, I kept it simple and just pieced them together. There were 40 squares so I made a 5 X 8 square quilt. It's a great lap blanket.
For the back, I chose one of my favorite prints, a green one that features whimsical birds. This print is gorgeous and I just used it for the entire back. A small border was added.
Another reason to like these fabrics is that it matches my crochet blanket. :) Mixture of dark colors with hints of teal and red.

Love it!

No comments: