Sunday, January 03, 2010

Primary Colors

Happy New Year!

It's the time for resolutions, and I remind myself to finish WIPs

During the holidays, I finished a whole bunch of quilts. Although very different, these two share one thing in common - Primary Colors! There's something calming about the balance achieved by these three colors.

1) Cowboy Bears Quilt
The patchwork in the middle is a cheat - it's a panel! But I love this quilt, especially how it's reversible.
2) Zig Zag Quilt

Took me a long time to calculate the optimal number and placement of zigzags with just 2.75 yards of fabric (for both front and back together!). The triangles require accurate sewing, otherwise, the points will not be pointy. It took extra concentration (and lots of ripping), but I love the result; it's modern, simple, baby yet adult at the same time.
These two quilts were pieced with my Walmart-special Brother sewing machine. The quilting was done with my new Janome MC 6600P!!! I'm still trying to familiarize myself with all the functions, but I love the new machine. I just wish the throat was even larger but I had no issues maneuvering my quilt.

Two down, more to come!

No comments: