Saturday, November 28, 2009

New York, Neeeew Yooooooooork!

I was in New York City over the weekend and as usual, I absolutely love the city - the energy, the shopping, the bright lights, the abundance of beads/fabric stores, Purl Patchwork, the Christmas lights... A complete sensory overload.

At my friend's apartment, we watched the American Music Awards where Alicia Keys + Jay-Z performed Empire State of Mind. I was in New York, listening to an anthem about New York and I had a *moment* where I just oozed love for the city (and the song). Alicia Keys has her own version (without Jay-Z) and it's so much better.

In New York,
Concrete jungle where dreams are made of,
There's nothing you can’t do,
Now you’re in New York,
These streets will make you feel brand new,
The lights will inspire you,
Let's hear it for New York, New York, Neeeeeew Yooooooork!

At Purl Patchwork, I bought some oil cloth/laminated cotton. I was afraid to fold it so was going to carry it onto the plane. Unfortunately I forgot to bring them home!!! Stupid me! It's now gathering dust at my friend's place and me, all I can do is stare at the swatches from Purl's website. :(

Here are some of my favorite bits of the big apple!

All you need is love...

The famous gold guy

My haunted hotel - Hotel Chelsea

No comments: