Thursday, September 18, 2008

Changes & Clutter

It's been a few months... but I'm still here! Still knitting and sewing!

There have been many changes and distractions in the past few months and almost all good ones - the ring, travel, living arrangements, visiting friends ...

Now that summer is almost at its end, I feel like I can breathe and reflect. It's been a summer of clutter - while enjoyable, I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed with the abundance of changes and summer events.

Over the years I've also accumulated lots of tangible clutter - magazines, yarn, yarn magazines, books, fabric, lots of STUFF. Clutter galore, which I realize is overwhelmingly demotivating my craftiness. In the next few months, I'll have the opportunity to purge, reorganize, prioritize and get the mess in order. Hopefully it will revive my creative juices and also make the crafting process more efficient (more pictures and more blogging)! I hope to update this post with goodies soon but in the meantime, you can find me on Ravelry: "kneurotic knitter".

I recently came across a blog entry (quite an old entry, actually) titled "is ravelry the end of knit blogs?" I don't think knit blogs will die, but I admit I have blogged less since Raverly, certainly less disciplined with recording my projects here but I still enjoy the occasional blog entry. And I still enjoy reading other blogs from knitters/quilters/sewers.

In the meantime, this is my current obsession. I don't live in Chicago but I LOVE it:

1 comment:

Life's a Stitch said...

I think ravelry has impacted blogging. I've noticed more blogs going under, fewer posts and a reduction in visitors. Won't stop me, though.