The weather is hot hot hot! Not much knitting going on as everything's really sweaty and gross (me included, of course). I've started the Fuschia Clutch but the heat has made me put this project on hold... for now.
I've been tagged by Joy for the book meme. Here it goes...
Total number of books in your house
About a hundred or so. I've only really started "collecting" books in HK, which is silly because they cost almost 100% more than they do at home.
The last book you bought was
I like buying books in bunches. The last books I bought were Unbearable Lightness of Being - Milan Kundera and He's Just Not that Into You - Greg Behrendt, Liz Tuccillo. OK, I know the latter one is not very cerebral but I just HAD TO see what all the fuss and hype was about. :)
The last book you read was
Haven't been reading in the last few months... I think it was The Time Traveller's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger. Such a page turner that I was up 2 nights trying to finish it. It made me ponder: is our future pre-destined or can our decisions/choices change it?
5(or 6) books you often read or meant a lot to you
The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- I rarely read novels more than once but this is my all time favorite. Short, simple, sweet illustrations and every time I read it, I learn something thought-provokingly new...
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austin
- The ultimate love story where first impressions confuse. Who doesn't love Mr. Darcy?
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Mark Haddon
- A refreshing novel looking at the world through the eyes of a mathematically brilliant but autistic child.
White Teeth - Zadie Smith
- Shows how families are intertwined, and how history and the future are intertwined.
Harry Potter Series - JK Rowling
- How can I resist? So many hidden secrets and surprises. Everytime a new HP book or HP movie comes out, I have to re-read the entire series.
Who are you going to pass this to and why?:
No obligation, just if you are interested. Yuvee , Miss Twiss , Knitting for Boozehags.