Sunday, January 25, 2015

Sewing Bébé Toys

Never posted these but here are some fabric toys I made for C before she was born.  It's been a year of hibernation... starting to catch up!

Puzzle Ball (from Last Minute Quilted Gifts)

I've always been intrigued and wanted to make one of these but never got around to it... until now!  The book calls for 5.5' circles but I only have 5" and 6" templates so I made mine with 6" circles.  The pattern is actually quite easy although there are many little pieces to fiddle with.  I will certainly make more!  Maybe a mini one with these same fabrics and another 6" one.
Alphabet

There are several tutorials on making these on the Internet and unfortunately, I forgot which link I used. It could be this, this or this. The fabrics are from left-over charm squares from baby C's baby blanket and on the back I used the polka dot fabric that was used to bind the blanket. Batting is sandwiched in between and I used pinking shears to cut out the letters.
Cubes and Tag Toy/Blanket

Using other fabric scraps, I made some cubes (from Amy Butler Little Stitches for Little Ones, pattern here) and improvised the tag toy after seeing some on pinterest. 
When I made these (in 2013/2014), I was hoping my baby would like playing with them. Now she is almost a toddler, I am happy to report that she does play with these and particularly likes to knock over the cubes when I stack them up. However, she is not too enthusiastic about the tag blanket! 

No comments: