Sunday, September 09, 2012

Stashbusting: Bubbles Afghan

In my effort to put a big dent on the yarn stash, I finally made an afghan with yarn from Lewiscraft.  Canadians will know that Lewiscraft closed their doors back in 2005, which means the yarn is really old.
 
I've never really been good with crochet but this was an easy pattern and everyone says crochet is both fast AND eats up yarn.  Well, this Bubbles Afghan ate 14 skeins of yarn!  A dozen skeins came from the stash and I ended up buying 2 skeins for a splash of color.
 
 

Loosely following a project from a fellow raveler, JulileAnny’s Dots, I made some modifications, including making it larger.  In total, I made:

12 X large dots (4 of each color)
24 X medium dots (8 of each color)
48 X small dots (16 of each color)

Then, I finished it up with a border - 2 rows of hdc in blue and 1 row of hdc in brown.

More details here.

1 comment:

Life's a Stitch said...

There used to be a Lewiscraft in the mall where my office is located. It was a perfect place to spend lunch breaks. I miss having them there.