Sunday, February 12, 2012

Anthropologie-Inspired

It's no secret that I LOVE Anthroplogie.  It is #1 on my must-visit list wheverever I travel to the US, even though there is now a store in Vancouver.

I love their designs but not particularily their prices, so I do what every knitter what do - knit my own versions!

Buttoned Berm Pullover

My version uses twisted instead of tweed yarn but still gives a similar marbled effect.  I used 5 skeins of Rowan Plaid, which has been in my stash forever and I'm very happy it's all used up.  The yarn is REALLY warm.  The pattern is a relatively basic sweater shape, with the addition of a button flap on one shoulder (which incidently, I put on the wrong shoulder).  Details on Ravelry.

The orange version is mine and the cream version is from Anthropologie.com.

Chunky Striped (One-Of-A-Kind) Loop

I saw this chunky striped loop for $458. No, this is not a typo. Instead of knitting random rows of purl and knit, I used the honey cowl pattern.

I got the size of 40 X 21 inches.

The end result is a very chunky loop that can be also draped over the shoulders like a capelet. Mine’s a little more chunky than the Anthropologie version, but it’s definitely a fashion statement!

The dark purples, lavender and blues version is mine (top 2 pictures) and the navy, white, taupe and moss version is from Anthropologie.com (bottom 2 pictures).

My version...
Anthro's version...
More projects next time!

No comments: