Monday, October 31, 2011

Harvesting Chunky Yarn

Over the years, I have accumulated a lot of chunky yarn (well, a lot of yarn in general but I digress...).  I wanted to physically reduce my stash and free up a few bins and felt chunky yarn would be the low hanging fruit to accomplish this task.

I love chunky yarn.  It uses big needles (which means fast to knit up), it takes up a lot of space (which means fewer skeins that actually require knitting) and I don't have too many multiple skeins of each (which means small projects with little commitment).

Harvests from my chunky yarn include:

TWO HATS!
Kerr Hat using 1.5 skeins of Jaeger Natural Fleece
Cable Slouch Hat using 1.5 skeins of Rowan Chunky Print

ONE COWL!
A tri-colour cowl based on the Gaptastic Cowl pattern.  I used 3 skeins of Rowan Chunky Print.

More chunky destashing to come!!

No comments: