Sunday, March 06, 2011

Bridesmaids Gifts

For the past month and a half I have been working exclusively on bridesmaids gifts.  I wanted something lacy, versatile and easy to make so in the end I chose Elann's Midnight Sonata scarf.  Love those lace circles.

And there were three:
Rather than choosing my wedding theme color, I opted for colors that my bridesmaids liked. Purple, purple and green.
Each took about 2 weeks to make but I did not spend a lot of time knitting - usually just on my bus commute to work. 

I think the mini shawls/scarves turned out really well, even though I made some minor modifications to the lace pattern.  Eventually, I will make myself a large shawl with this pattern in hot pink (my wedding theme color) but in the meantime, I am temporarily laced out!

3 comments:

opportunityknits said...

These are so special! You are a very thoughtful bride :)

Life's a Stitch said...

Beautiful, but I imagine that three would be my limit as well.

Blenda said...

Very nice! Is that what I saw in your bag in the elevator today?