Monday, July 19, 2010

Dress Refashion

While packing, I found some old dresses that were now too small to fit me. However, I resisted donating or throwing them away because they were 100% silk and from a designer sample sale.

So, I cut off the bottom and turned them into skirts!

1) Colorful Skirt

Out of the three, this one is my favorite print - it screams summer! The silk piece and lining were different widths so it took some trial and error. I had to serge the silk piece and lining together first, then sewed them to the elastic using a zig zag stitch.
2) Black & White Skirt

For this black and white multi-tiered skirt, I also basted the skirt pieces to an elastic. 3) Sparkly Skirt

For this dress, the skirt section was actually the right fit (it was the top that was too tight). I just inserted a zipper and used a ribbon to reinforce the waistband.

There's one more in this collection but I accidently cut the skirt too short. Will have to figure out what to do with it!

No comments: