Monday, May 10, 2010

2 New Spring Dresses

I love the recent Cynthia Rowley patterns from Simplicity. There's this, this, this, this, this and this. I finally made one of her dresses, the easiest one.


With no zipper, no buttons and no elastic, I used the serger* and it sewed up really quickly. It looks great with leggings, and a wide belt, or by itself as a dress. I can't wait to make Cynthia Rowley's other dresses!

This new Project Runway dress is also easy. The shaping is done with an elastic waist which eliminates the need for a zipper.
I used a rolled hem* to finish the ruffles and I love it!!!
Both dresses are made from a polyester slinky material. Not the best fabric (it's very static-y) but I'm not very good in dressmaking and wanted to use an inexpensive material to practice.

They are not perfect but I can still wear them!

* I recently upgraded my Walmart Singer serger to a Janome Harmony serger. Love the Janome! It's so easy to transition from rolled hem to four-thread seam.

No comments: