It's finally completed! I added 4 rounds of single coloured border. I found one ball from my stash (Galway Diamond Yarn @ $3) but actually needed 2 skeins to complete the 4-rounds. Picked up one more skein at the TTC-knitalong this weekend. It was worth the trouble as granny now looks finished!It was also worth frogging Lizard Ridge!!
SCRAPPY: Noro Leftovers Scrappy Scarf
I felt bad, actually GUILTY, for investing all 20 skeins of Noro Kureyon in the Granny. So, I saved 1.5 skeins for something wearable outdoors. Found the pattern "Scrappy Lengthwise Scarf" on Ravelry and knit away. I actually cast on with softer wool (Rowan Designer DK) and ended up casting off with some of the leftover Galway from Granny. Because it was knit length-wise, I was never 100% sure how long it would be. After blocking, it turned out great!
It's the same colorway as but "the look" is completely different!
And last but not least, the damage from the TTC-knitalong and a re-stashing of more new yarns. Originally, I had 3 must-buys on my list:
- 1 skein of Diamond Galway to finish Granny
- 2 skeins Rowan Denim so I'll enough for the Indigo Ripples Skirt. (I already had 6 in my stash from Rowan membership).
- 3 skeins of Needful Capri to make Waterlily Top. (I already had 3 skeins in my stash).
The following picture documents yarn that was NOT on my list but ended up in my shopping bag:
- 1 skein Cherry Tree Hill supersock (over 50% off)
- 2 skeins Fleece Artist Sea Wool (over 50% off)
- 8 skeins Rowan Felted Tweed ($5 a skein)
- 2 skeins Noro Matsuri (40% off)