Fortunately, the IT guy at work has offered help retrieving the files but since this is a "personal" issue, it's not high on his to-do totem pole. Patience... In the meantime, I have not taken any more new photos but here's still a quick update!
I've completed a few items and started a few new ones!
Summer Wheat - pictures soon!
Dude Tiger Socks - pictures soon!
Desperate for some knitting in HK - Monkey Socks
I was in HK and ran out of knitting so I went to the LYS, grabbed the only sock yarn they had (HK is so hot, they don't need yarn socks over there) and started Monkey. I know what the fuss is about... it's a great pattern! The lace panel is easy to remember and the sock is very pretty! If I had to make modifications, I would replace the heel with "K1, Sl1 on one side" to make it more durable.
Christmas Knitting - Nan in Chunky Print
I bought three different colorways of this yarn when it wbas on sale at WEBS. My plan was to knit 3 of the following pattern: Nan by Rowan - one for me, one for Sister B and one for Sister C
1) I am knitting the body in-the-round so increases and decreases are not necessarily following the lace pattern. It's not perfectly pretty on the sides.
2) The lace pattern takes forever. To make those pretty holes, one has to wrap the yarn around stitches a couple of times every 2 stitches. It. Takes. A. Long. Time.
3) With too much going on (decreases, familiarizing with the lace pattern, trying to knit right+back+left simultaneously), I screwed up the decreases rows. Instead of decreasing every 4 rows, I decreased every other row. I'm hoping no one will notice. :)
Long story short, I don't think I can do this pattern another 2 times. I can't bear to rip it apart so I will keep the Nan jacket for myself and look for some other Chunky Print patterns for the sisters:
How about a scarf plus a kneurotic-designed vest?
Apart from these, I have more Christmas pressies:
1) Open lace poncho for LL
2) Chunky lace shawl for CL
3) Boucle cushion covers for GL
4) Furry cushion covers for WL
5) Madli shawl for Mom