Sunday, September 10, 2006

Keep on Churning

Thanks for all your kind comments and encouragement. I don't know what got into me... but just had this urge to purge the WIP basket! Maybe it's nearing the end of summer and I need space for warm woolly things.

So... right after I got the old WIPs out of the way... I started 4 new WIPs!!!


1) Kroy Socks - After the mishap with the Baudelaire socks, I was craving something simple, soothing and therapeutic. Since both the sister's lace socks (Baudelaire and blue) were not going anywhere, I decided to start something new for them. Using the very basic pattern from the Patons website, I started this in Paintbox (red). Hmmm... unfortunately, after knitting half of it up, I think the color is too elementary school-boyish. I'm going to start a new sock in Krazy Stripes (turquoise, blue, green) for sister C and Winter Eclipse (purple, blue, grey) for sister B. Hmmmmm... will I make the Christmas deadline??

2) Debbie Bliss Rib Cardigan from the Cashmere Collection - I'm using Mission Falls 1824 Wool. I can't wait to get past the ribbing....!!!

3) Madli's Shawl from Interweave Knits Summer 2004 - Found some 100% Alpaca in my stash which I thought was double knitting yarn. The swatch using 4.5 mm needles gave a very airy, loose fabric I didn't like for a sweater. SO.... I started Madli's shawl. I know my Alpaca is not lace-weight, it's definitely heavier but we'll see what happens ;)

4) More cushion covers - Although I still have 4 cushion covers waiting for zippers to be sewn in, I started yet another one, this time for Drinking Buddy W. I am using Bernat Boa to make furry but manly cushions (the ones on the cover).

And as promised, here's the picture of the quilt. I purchased all the fabric on sale and they managed to blend together quite well. I still haven't gotten around to washing the back piece. Will get to this someday...

Now back to the WIPs!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, the quilt top looks great, I can't see any crooked lines that you mentioned :).

alltangledup said...

the quilt does look nice as do all the wip's. why are you 'stuck on blue? It looks like a nice and not too difficult pattern?

Mimi said...

I am so tempting to start new projects. And looking at your new 4 ones, I am just find it hard to resit...

opportunityknits said...

Such a good range of projects to start. something small, something long term, something lacey and something fast? The quilt top looks great. Did you have to think and plan how to sew it so that aligns diagonally?

Agnes said...

Sorry that I missed your birthday! A belated happy birthday to you.
You've certainly been busy ... keep the knitting energy on!